A selection of hand-coloured, photographic transfer prints of various Australian cities and landmarks made in the 40s and 50s. What a great wall feature they’d make!
Featured herein are beaches, streets, bridge and bridge approaches and traffic bridges, parks, clocks, landmarks, harbours, town halls, parliament houses and rivers [and I quote] :
- Harbour Beach, Manly
- Prince Street, Grafton
- Belmont, Lake Macquarie
- Bridge Approach, Shoalhaven River from Showground, Nowra
- Bridge, Shoalhaven River, Nowra
- Traffic Bridge, Macksville
- Machattie Park, Bathurst
- Dr Evershed Memorial Clock, Bega NSW
- Bottle Rock, Coonabarabran
- Ulladulla Harbour, NSW
- Town Hall, Rockhampton QLD
- Perth, WA
- Parliament House, Canberra
- Murray River, Corowa.
Makers are all noted on the backstamps: Victoria, IBC, Royal Grafton Bone China, Royal Stafford Bone China, Westminster China [the last, weirdly from Australia.]
All fifteen plates are in great vintage condition and provide a snapshot of important landmarks in Australia, as judged by tourists in the 40s and 50s. Or – as I mentioned – massed together they would make a fantastic wall feature.
The souvenirware plates are for sale: $AU120